Whether you rent or own, CLS helps with healthy and safe living conditions and preserving housing.
CLS assists low income Arizonans reside in safe, decent housing. The agency empowers future and current tenants and homeowners through education, legal representation, brief service, and community partnerships.
What Types of Legal Representation can I Receive at CLS?
Although Community Legal Services may provide direct representation in some cases, it frequently educates clients about their rights and responsibilities so they can represent themselves.
What are Typical Housing Issues at CLS?
CLS assists low income Arizona tenants and homeowners with issues affecting various types of housing in which they may live. Some of the legal issues CLS may assist with include:
- Landlord tenant issues such as evictions, non-payment of rent, written notice, rental agreements, partial payment, security deposits, move-out inspections;
- Mobile home and Recreational vehicle owners and renters;
- Habitability issues such as requests for repairs, lack of heat or air conditioning, building code enforcement, bed bugs;
- Subsidized housing, Section 8 vouchers and public housing;
- Domestic violence issues related to housing;
- Requests for accommodations;
- Foreclosures, trustee sales, title disputes; and
- Fair housing violations.